Monday, April 14, 2008

Big Dreams, No Rewards

The Google Adsense Monster has struck again! Have you noticed many websites serving Google Adsense have had their publisher accounts disabled and suspended? I have, I was one of them. My account was disabled, appealed, and suspended within 5 minutes. I expected 24 hours to pass before getting the bad news, but I guess Google Adsense pre-determined my account's fate. I received no warning or anything. I hadn't accumulated much income, and my CTR was in the low percentile. Their reason for suspending my account was due to "Invalid Clicks". I kept track of all activity concerning my ads and was sure I was complying with their TOS. I forwarded all requested information on the appeal form immediately, expecting the appeal to be handled fairly. But, within 5 minutes I got the news; SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNT. They even thanked me for understanding their position.

I understand Google is in the business to make money for Google, so let me ask a question. When a publisher's account is suspended, their unpaid balance is supposedly returned to the advertisers. The question is, does Google return their portion?

Anyway, beware when dealing with Google Adsense because your account can be suspended for any reason they see fit. I guess there are 3 entities you do not want to fool with: The Tax Man, Your Homeowners Association (hopefully you don't have one), and Google Adsense.

Always have a plan B, C, and D when dealing with PPC advertising.

1 comment:

MrAdVenture said...

Congratulations!
That may sound strange in lieu of your loss,but you have found out what hundreds of thousands have discovered-Adsense is only for those who also use Adwords-they do not have time for the little guy,they know they will make more money cancelling them,keeping the earnings and recruiting another ten newbies.
I say congratulations because you are now ready to start earning,and most importantly,getting paid,from the many fine AdSense Alternatives that are available.Each have their own way of dealing with things,and if proper respect is given you will have no problems.
As a long time user and reviewer of those alternatives I would be happy to answer any questions or to assist you in any way I can.
Feel free to contact me.